Internet marketing is a term heavy industry. Recently in a presentation I was asked what a ‘Google 7 Pack’ was, so I thought I could outline it quickly and some tips to get your local location based company in the running.
In Google Local Results, there are 7 business listing results that show the business’ name, address, phone number and map. That is now coined as the Google 7 Pack. You can see below on a search result page below for ‘Calgary Mortgage Broker.’
Recently we’ve been noticing that the traditional 7 Pack has been replaced with a smaller ‘3 Pack’ on narrower searches.
How Can you Strive To Get Your Local Business In Within The Illusive 7 Pack?
1. Claim your business page through Google My Business
2. Verify your business with Google My Business.
3. Get going on social media (especially Google +) and fill our your profiles completely
4. Make sure you address is prominently listed on your website
5. Make sure you are staying consistent with you NAP(Name, Address, Phone Number) listings on local directories
6. Get some customer reviews on your Google business page